Re: [Q] Current Status of LEAP Forum

>>>>> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:24:10 +0900, "Yong-Woon KIM" <qkim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

  Yong-Woon> ...  It has been considered that WAP is a strong solution. But
  Yong-Woon> I don't agree and have the same reasons with you.
  Yong-Woon> WAP Forum also knows WAP limits and problems.
  Yong-Woon> So it is developing WAP2.

WAP2 simply amounts to face saving for the WAP forum.

With XHTML and end-to-end IP in place, what use or purpose
would remain for the WAP forum?

Perhaps a follow-on paper to "The WAP Trap" can be
called "WAP Scraps" ...

  Yong-Woon> I want to propose LEAP as an alternative technology for China Unicom.

Great!

That makes a great deal of sense.

  Yong-Woon> What I want to say in this mail is...

  Yong-Woon> 1. Current development status of LEAP protocols

Much progress have been made on various aspects
of the protocol development.

Most of our efforts in the past several months
have been focused on getting the open source
implementations of ESRO (RFC-2188) and EMSD
(RFC-2524) packaged for multiple platforms
(Windows 2000, WinCE, PalmOs, Solaris, Linux,
...). We will soon be announcing GPL
availability of the open-source software through
http://www.mailmeanywhere.org/

Partial exposure of that work will be through
"Operation WhiteBerry" .... More on this later.

Also, The LEAP Manifesto is now complete and
ready to be published.

  Yong-Woon> 2. Possibility of taking part in LEAP development works

With XHTML in place, the time is now very
much ripe for work on EHTD. That would be the
main next development work for LEAP.

  Yong-Woon> Then, if everything is OK, I will do standardization works for China Unicom.
  Yong-Woon> If you want, you can join the works.

The LEAP framework is completely open and free.

Let's all work together.

  Yong-Woon> Sincerely yours,
  Yong-Woon> KIM, Yong-Woon

...Mohsen.